To build great SharePoint applications and websites that make people happy.
Summary of Qualifications
- 15 years of broad based experience in the IT field providing support for users, servers, networks, and printers in the manufacturing, telecommunications and corrections fields.
- 5 years of experience in installing, configuring, administering, maintaining and troubleshooting Microsoft Office SharePoint Server on Internet Information Services, Windows 2003/2008/2008 R2.
- 2 years of experience using SharePoint Designer to help business users create and deploy custom list forms to meet business needs including the designing and building of custom SharePoint Designer workflows.
Professional Experience SharePoint Administrator, Corrections Corporation of America–August 2010 to Present
- Responsible for the systems administration of the CCA SharePoint Intranet. Activities include SharePoint system administration, patching/upgrades, configuration, security, site monitoring and performance tuning, migration of files from share drive to SharePoint library and support. Works with members of the technology team and other departments to define departmental intranet sites.
- Successfully migrated existing Windows 2003 Server infrastructure to Windows 2008 R2.
- Suggested and then implemented changes to the SharePoint farm infrastructure to make the farm more highly available.
- Integral part of developing and launching the Employee Portal project for CCA. Project launched successfully and on time.
- Successfully launched an external version of the Employee Portal on short notice with tight deadlines.
- Twice nominated for Q4 2011 employee of the quarter for outstanding customer service.
IT Administrator, Cricket Communications-June 2002 to August 2010
- SharePoint Administrator for Cricket’s portal implementation. Activities include SharePoint systems administration, patching/upgrades, configuration, security, site monitoring and performance tuning
- Technical lead on Cricket’s Microsoft Forefront Antivirus conversion. Converted 5000+ workstations from existing CA ITM anti-virus to Microsoft Forefront Antivirus.
- Technical lead on Cricket’s Microsoft Systems Management Server 2003 initial deployment and maintenance.
- Technical lead on SMS package deployment in the company.
- Technical lead on Cricket’s CA ITM antivirus conversion. Converted 3000+ workstations from the existing, ePolicy Orchestrator anti-virus package over to CA ITM. This project includes anti-virus coverage (installation and updates) for 3000+ workstations and 100+ servers covering 50 cities across the US. Technical responsibilities include installation, maintenance and updates of the server side software and client side software/DAT updates.
- Lead technical member for Cricket’s Divar installation support. This involves supporting and maintaining the DVR based security system for 140+ Cricket locations.
- Awarded numerous Cricket Stars for superior customer service to users.
Network Administrator, Crossville Rubber, Inc.-February 1997 to June 2002
- Responsible for support of network servers, switches, hubs, routers, network printers, server software applications and operating systems. Including maintenance and troubleshooting of the companies MRP application (Fourth Shift) as well as supporting handheld RF based scanner units (Intermec 2400’s) and thermal transfer label printers (Intermec 4420’s and 3400’s).
- Successfully planned and implemented the migration of the companies Windows NT 4.0 domain structure to Windows 2000 Active Directory.
- Implemented Windows 2000 Terminal Services to support the remote offsite location.
- Successfully migrated the company’s production and engineering databases from MS Access 97 to MS SQL Server 7.0.
Training and Certifications
- SharePoint 2013 Deployment and Upgrade (06/27/2013)
- Windows Powershell: Powershell v2 Essentials
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)