This year, I’m planning what will be my most epic bicycle trip to date. I plan to ride from Astoria OR, along the Pacific coast down to SF CA. It’s roughly 800 miles and I’m giving myself 2 weeks to complete the trip. I’ll be following the same basic plan I used for Cycling the C&O and GAP Trails Reloaded.
- I’ll use BikeFlights.com to have my bike shipped ahead to a local bike shop, Bikes & Beyond in Astoria, OR in this case the week before I leave for my trip.
- Book AirBnBs in Portland, Astoria and SF.
- I’ll use my North Face Base Camp duffle to carry my gear with me on the flight.
- I’ll fly to Portland OR and stay at the AirBnB on Day -1.
- On Day 0, I’ll catch the North West Point bus to Astoria OR. Google maps says it’s an almost 3 hour trip from Portland to Astoria and it leaves at 9:30am.
- Arrive in Astoria and pick up my bicycle and check into my AirBnB
- Day 1, start pedaling.
If everything goes to plan, I should arrive in SF on a Friday afternoon/evening. I plan to spend the weekend in SF and leave out on Sunday.