I have made a strategy for dealing with fear and maybe it’s wise for you to do the same. Sit down when you feel good and are not dealing with massive triggers. Think about what you need to feel safe. This is my strategy for dealing with fear:
- I’m not this fear I’m feeling. I’m reminding myself that I’m the observer of fear that is triggering me right now. Can I see the little girl inside me who’s afraid?
- Close your eyes and visualize this little girl. What is she afraid of? What does she need right now? What can I do to make her feel safe?
- Are there any emotions that want to be released? Do you want to cry or scream?
- Sitting inside makes me go inside. Go outside, into nature if this is possible. Look at the clouds and the stars. Remember that you’re not alone.
- Whatever you do, don’t drink alcohol and try to stay away from overeating. You know it makes you feel worse.
- Move your body. Go for a walk or do a soft, heart-opening yoga flow.
- What would make you happy? Do you want to draw, write, listen to music or watch a movie?
- If nothing helps, call friend A, friend B, friend C or friend D. Or call them anyway if you want to.
This is a really great article about dealing with fear/jealousy. I think lots of relationships can use some advice on how to deal with jealousy.
These practical strategies really appeal to me and my nature. I need to print them out and post them everywhere in my house!