These are my links for April 17th from 10:46 to 12:23:
- Tennessee governor allows bill targeting science education to become law – Although a detailed discussion of open issues within all scientific theories might make some pedagogic sense, the bill will undoubtedly function as its designers intended. Teachers with a strong agenda will be able to bring up discredited arguments against the mainstream scientific understanding. And, should they ever do that in front of a student from a family with equally strong views, the result will inevitably be a lawsuit that will hold the local school district responsible.
- Sextortion: Rural Indiana man accused of making 14-year old boys into “cam slaves” –
- Twitter helps free kidnapped South African from trunk of his car – A South African man, whose name has not been published, was carjacked, robbed, and stuffed into the trunk of his car near Johannesburg on Sunday. The robbers, however, had overlooked his mobile phone, which he used to text his girlfriend, Lynn Peters. From there, Twitter took over.
- Massachusetts Town Passes Law for 14-year olds get Tattooed?!?! | – The Webster Board of Health passed a new regulation allowing 14-year-olds to 17-year-olds to get tattoos at licensed shops if their parents approve and come with them. Town officials said they are trying to keep the younger teenagers away from unlicensed tattoo artists who work out of their homes, in an effort to prevent the spread of disease.
- Bangladesh’s teenage brothels hold dark steroid secret | Reuters – Their faces painted heavy with make-up, teenage girls in short, tight blouses and long petticoats loiter in squalid alleys, laughing and gesturing to potential clients who roam Tangail town’s infamous red light area in the early evening.