I’ve decided to ride my bike for the entire length of the Natchez Trace (444 miles) from Natchez, MS to Nashville, TN. I’ll do this ride as a self supported ride, camping along the way.
The tentative plan is for Jen and I to load up and drive my bike and equipment to Natchez, MS on October 24th. We’ll spend the night, get up and explore a little and I’ll head out on my bike mid/late morning.
Here is my tentative mileage plan.
- Saturday – 54.8 miles to Rocky Springs
- Sunday – 68.9 miles to Ratliff Ferry
- Monday – 70 miles to Jeff Busby
- Tuesday – 73 miles to Natchez Trace HQ (Tupelo, MS)
- Wednesday – 67 miles to Colbert Ferry
- Thursday – 62 miles to Meriwether Lewis
- Friday – 61 miles northern terminus
Expect a proper gear post soon but I still need to requisition a few important things.
- Ortlieb Panniers (back roller, front roller plus and handle bar bag with map case!)
- Solar charger
- Bike computer